October is, by far, my favorite month of the year. Is it because my birthday is
tomorrow in October? Perhaps. Mainly, I think it’s because it is truly the beginning of Fall, which is my absolute favorite season of the year. Leaves changing colors. Crispy morning runs. Sweaters. Scarves. Boots. Honeycrisp apples. Thanksgiving. Need I say more?
I’ve been inspired! I read two blog posts over the weekend that made me realize I’m capable of more. I’m capable of whatever I put my mind to. And that’s more. As I sit here, on the eve of my birthday, I realize that I want more! I want to get back to my healthy weight. I want to be a faster runner. I want to fall in love. All of these things require goals, right? So, here goes. Some goals for October. I figure if I put them out there, you can all help keep me accountable, right? All 5 of you!
1. Lose 1 pound per week. I’ve made excuses and put this off and haven’t tried hard enough for FAR too long now. I’ve lost focus. I haven’t tried hard enough. I’ve been too hard on myself. I haven’t been hard ENOUGH on myself. I’m guilty of being all or nothing. This stops now. I CAN DO THIS!
2. Strength train. 1-2 times a week again. I’ve definitely been slacking in this department since I’ve started working full-time again. Stronger muscles=stronger runner! Not to mention, I’m POSITIVE this will help with #1.
3. Date! I know this one is not completely in my control, but I can most definitely try harder to be more social.
4. #Plankaday. I NEED to jump back on this bandwagon. I was a major plankaday slacker for the month of September. I will try harder in October. After a month off from plankaday, is a 3:00 plank too zealous of a goal?
5. Stay outside my comfort zone. This has been a great year, so far, for going outside my comfort zone. I want to continue to do things that scare me. My goal is to do AT LEAST one new thing this month that scares me. Outside your comfort zone is where the magic happens, right?
I’ll check back with everyone in a few weeks and let you know how I’ve done.
Do you ever feel you are capable of more?
How do you handle it when you feel like you aren’t being the best you can be?
Has anyone else ever struggled to get back to a healthy weight? HELP! What are your secrets? I could use all the help can get!